Welcome to QuitTheHabit.org Quit The Habit Forums
You are now a member of an online community of people dedicated to starting on the road to recovery.
How we work:
- You determine your recovery date. If you started on your recovery today, it would be today’s date.
- You post roll call every day. You do this to reaffirm your recovery and to make a promise to yourself and to the fellow members posting roll call. This helps establish accountability.
- Before you post roll call for the first time, you will choose an alias to use on this site to remain anonymous. You can use your initials or some name like imquiting, Ihatedrugs, etc… Whatever works for you where you will remember the name but remain anonymous.
- You can also give yourself an avatar or picture that you will associate with your alias.
- At the same time you post your first roll call, you come to the site and give your introduction using your alias.
- In your introduction you provide your alias and your story:
- Why you started
- What made you decide to start on the road to recovery
- What journey have you traveled during your use
- Anything else you want to mention
- You can use your introduction area to maintain a log of your recovery experience
- Other members who are further along in their recovery will see your introduction and
- Welcome you to the group
- Explain their story
- Privately share their contact info for support
- Check on you on a regular basis
- Many people who have just started on the road to recovery gain strength by assisting new members who are just starting this journey, it helps reinforce their personal journey.
- Join our chat room when time permits. This chat room allows you to connect with others to get support during those challenging times when you can not get to a meeting and you just need some support.
- Others join the chat room to provide support to those needing it.
Our goal is to be a valuable resource to those on the road to recovery.
The idea for this site came from a brother but unaffiliated site called KillTheCan.Org. That site is dedicated to helping users of smokeless tobacco recovery their habit. Quitting this habit is likened to quitting Heroin.
We are just starting out and working to enlist volunteers to our site. We apologize if you come to our site and no one else is on. We are working on getting our staff.
Please feel free to invite your sponsor, if you have one or your colleagues in recovery to join you in this site.